Slot Shift Supervisor
Closing Date: September 27, 2023 at 5:00 PM
Pay Range: $16.00 - $19.77 per hour plus tips
This position is responsible for the proper scheduling of slot personnel on their respective shifts and provides guidance and information pertaining to slot operations, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Enforces and ensures compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Assumes job duties and responsibilities of shift manager during absences or when assigned. Maintains all related paperwork including but not limited to employee files, and break/tip sheets.
- Responsible for proper training and evaluation of all new and current employees.
- Interacts with regulatory agency staffs as required.
- Assigns and checks in/checks out all change banks when necessary.
- Tracks all jackpots and hand pays as necessary.
- Responsible for proper shift change schedule to ensure efficient coverage on the casino slot floor.
- Reports and assists the Slot Shift Manager with incidents and disputes relating to employees, guests, inter-department, etc.
- Maintains check and comp signing authority according to policy.
- Ensures all reports are completed properly on a daily basis.
- Ensures proper staffing levels at all times.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple slot floor employees. Caries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experienced in Slot Operations preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows: Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.