Senior Slot Technician
Closing Date: December 1, 2023 at 5:00 PM
Salary: Depending on Experience (DOE)
This position is responsible for ensuring the proper and timely repair and maintenance of slot machines and related equipment, adherence to enterprise policies and procedures, excellence in guest service and project planning and completion by performing duties personally or through the subordinate staff, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Ensures compliance by staff to enterprise policies and procedures.
- Ensures that slot machines are up and running with only minimum scheduled downtime.
- Assigns and follows up on technician repairs and progress.
- Troubleshoots and repairs LCD, CRT and mother boards, using electronic repair devices.
- Uses online sources to research technical tips, manuals, schematics and parts.
- Maintains proper inventory of parts to budget.
- Facilitates state and TGO inspections, state certifications and audits, providing system reports upon request.
- Walks floor, checking slot machine condition and assigning technicians to complete repairs.
- Ensures timely response of technicians to service calls.
- Ensures excellent customer service by assisting with and resolving all machine related customer complaints and game disputes.
- Oversees machine relocation and installations as assigned.
- Provides assistance in determining the cause of errant tickets from the slot accounting system.
- Provides training and updates to technicians as appropriate.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple technicians. Carrie sour supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; Planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performant; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experienced in Slot Machine Operations.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
- Intermediate skills in the use of personal computers, Microsoft Office Suite Software, email and enterprise specific programs.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
- Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.