Poker Shift Manager
Closing Date: March 27, 2023 at 5:00 PM
Salary: Depending on Experience (DOE)
This position is responsible for possessing a thorough knowledge of Gila River Gaming Internal Controls, policies, procedures, Tribal Gaming Office, Compact and State Gaming Regulations. Ensures that poker games are in regulatory compliance with the Tribal Gaming Office, State Gaming Authority, internal controls, and standard operating procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all poker games during as assigned shift.
- Determines when new games are to be opened and when existing games are to be closed.
- Ensures employees and patrons conform to policies and procedures for the efficient operation of all games.
- Assists Poker Manager in maintaining proper schedules and deployment of poker room staff including authorizing dealer breaks, rotations and filling in as floor staff when needed
- Detects and taking appropriate and timely action regarding cheating, fraud, disruptions, handling customer disputes and complaints.
- Writes daily reports of incidents, problems, questions and corrective needs.
- Observes security's removal of drop and jackpot boxes.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple poker employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance wit the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High School Diploma or GED and at least three years of poker supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 21280592-e8f3-49f4-be1b-fdd0066a1768