Lead Valet Person (Santan Mountain)
Closing Date: May 18, 2023 at 5:00 PM
Pay Rage: $13.70 - $19.50 per hour
This position is responsible for providing leadership and workflow direction while assisting resort guests with baggage and/or shuttle transportation, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Oversees procedures for transfers/delivery of luggage, trunks, and packages to and from rooms, loading areas and vehicles by hand or using baggage carts.
- Receives and marks baggage by completing and attaching claim checks.
- Greets incoming guests and escorts them to their rooms.
- Assists physically challenged travelers and other guests with special needs.
- May act as part of the security team by keeping aware of surrounding areas and reporting questionable activities.
- Delivers messages and room service orders and runs errands for guests.
- Explains the operation of room features such as locks, ventilation systems, and televisions.
- Maintains the orderliness and cleanliness of the valet desk and storage area.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position currently has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- One (1) year of valet/bellman related experience in a hotel and/or resort setting preferred.
- Must possess a valid AZ driver’s license and clean driving record for the past five (5) years.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess strong attention to detail, excellent guest service skills, strong organizational skills, telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: e9d3106d-a8e7-4c06-b48d-815176c0c6a4