Fine Dining Food Runner
Closing Date: September 29, 2023 at 5:00 PM
Pay Rate: $17.00 - $24.20 per hour
This position will assist the food servers in cleaning, marking, resetting tables and keeping the side stations clean and stocked as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Greet guests with a warm smile, maintain eye contact, and communicate in a professional and pleasant demeanor. Treat all guests with maximum courtesy.
- Support food servers by running food and drinks as instructed by food server and/or management.
- Consistently maintains clean and safe work area for guest, self and other team members.
- Maintain a clean, hygienic, and organized work environment including fully stocking supplies, cleaning menus, glassware and dishware, and sanitizing tables, etc.
- Clears and cleans tables, chairs, counters and surrounding areas in a discrete manner.
- Prepare basic, non-alcoholic beverages such as coffee, water, iced tea, etc.
- Interacts pleasantly with all guests, while responding quickly to special requests.
- Maintains a professional and tidy appearance at all times.
- Maintains full menu knowledge and able to describe to guests.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high volume fine dining, casual food service, and/or nightclub is preferred.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly and calculate basic math functions as they relate to point-of-sale cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.
- In-depth wine and alcohol knowledge preferred.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guest and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.