Corporate Vice President of Human Resources
Closing Date: February 23rd, 2024 at 5:00PM
Salary: Depending on Experience (DOE)
This position provides strategic and tactical oversight for all human resources activities. The Corporate VP of Human Resources will drive comprehensive and progressive HR strategies through the Enterprise and will align team members with the organization’s culture, strategies, and vision. The VP of HR drives consistent implementation, integration, and improvement of HR solutions and their impact on meeting strategic goals and objectives, while demonstrating the GILA WAY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure excellent guest service experiences for both internal and external guests.
- Strategize, coordinate and oversee all activities of the HR department, actively contributing to the formulation of departmental goals and objectives.
- Conducts comprehensive salary surveys, analyzing compensation and overseeing the performance evaluation program, while continuously refining position descriptions, as needed.
- Guides executive leadership in understanding Recruitment, Organizational Development, HR, Compensation, Benefits, and other workforce strategies and programs.
- Evaluates and recommends enhancements to HR policies, procedures, and practices, maintaining the team member handbook and ensuring compliance.
- Reviews and analyzes date on group medical, dental, behavioral health, short term disability, and long-term disability claims data and insurance rates.
- Keeps abreast of all legislation, IRS, DOL and economic issues to assure compliance with government regulations regarding the retirement and benefit plans.
- Ensures accuracy and consistency in documents, DOL/IRS filings, and administrative functions.
- Coordinates activities of company administrators, third party administrator, auditors, consultants, and investment advisors.
- Sets and directs long-range goals, schedules, and strategies for group benefits, behavioral health, and the 401(k) retirement plan.
- Manages and budgets the various group benefits and retirement plan benefits accordingly.
- Conducts and manages team member investigations including sexual harassment, working conditions and team member complaints, providing management with recommended courses of action in compliance with policy and procedures.
- Maintains a current working knowledge of all state, federal, and tribal laws related to HR for compliance.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate or as directed by the CEO on personnel matters.
- Oversees the design and implementation of team member incentive programs for outstanding individual and team performance.
- Oversees administration of drug and alcohol program.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of cultural influences in the workplace, responding to challenges and opportunities to both improve human capital performance, enterprise results, and working relationships.
- Maintains updated and contemporary knowledge regarding all human capital subjects, as well as best practices in all related subject areas.
- Ensures proper retention of data and records related to all human resources subjects.
- Models ethical, informed, decisive and responsive behavior for all team members, motivating high job performance levels by all team members.
- Positively influences and improves organizational inefficiencies for continuous improvement in operating and financial performance.
- Oversees the Pathways Mentorship Program participants, mentoring for a successful transition to management level positions.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple management and supervisory staff members, and influences many others at multiple levels of the enterprise. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or other business related field highly preferred.
- Human Resources dedicated certification required (SCP, SPHR, THRP)
- 15 years of progressive HR experience required; 10 years hospitality or gaming industry preferred.
- Expert level knowledge of human resources practices, laws and regulations required.
- Expert level knowledge of all key areas of HR including recruitment, compensation and benefits, team member relations, information systems, retention, rewards, and learning and development.
- Proven supervision, leadership & coaching skills.
- Must be computer literate and have knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or other computer and HR Software.
- Ability to evaluate courses of action and reach sound, non-judgmental management decisions and resolutions.
- Expert understanding of organizational development.
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact with our guest, Listen actively to our guest; Appreciate our guest
- Demonstrated excellence in guest service skills and general interpersonal skills, and be a self starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guest and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Polices and Procedures, governmental regulations and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.