Corporate Director of Slots
Closing Date: September 29, 2023 at 5:00 PM
Salary: Depending on Experience (DOE)
This position is responsible for generating and evaluating Slot data reports, monitoring Slot personnel and operations at the assigned location, and making recommendations to executive management on how best to improve the performance of Slot operations. Additionally, this position is responsible for coordinating guest service improvements, and special projects while ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures, the State of Arizona Gaming Compact and Gila River Gaming Ordinance, while ensuring successful and timely completion of all related projects, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Prepares department revenue/expense reports and departmental operation/capital budgets while consistently monitoring financial performance and responding accordingly so that objectives are met or exceeded.
- Analyzes and responds to Slot data system reports.
- Ensures compliance by all employees within the Slot operation.
- Monitors and responds to current gaming trends to ensure competitive positioning by the enterprise.
- Analyzes gaming device types, placement, performance, denominations, and profitability in order to stay competitive within local markets, while providing improvement recommendations to casino operations and executive management.
- Interfaces with vendors on a frequent basis in order to stay abreast of new gaming technologies and equipment options.
- Ensures thorough, constant and complete communication to and from all other senior management team members so that knowledge may be shared fully.
- Selects games to be used, including percentage establishment, and reviews/negotiates purchase and lease contracts.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and recommends changes and improvements to procedures and systems resulting in positive effects upon financial results.
- Assists executive management in formulating corporate gaming objectives, policies and plans. Provides timely leadership, motivation and guidance to direct reports in pursuit of enterprise objectives while ensuring highly effective performance by those direct reports.
- Models ethical, pleasant, informed, decisive and responsive behavior for all employees of the enterprise while taking all steps necessary to motivate positively high job performance levels by all employees.
Directly supervises a small number of employees in management, administrative and technical roles. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's Degree in a management discipline preferred.
- Three (3) years of gaming management experience in a casino/gaming environment, preferably in Slots operations.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows: Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest and Appreciate our guest
- Must possess strong attention to detail, excellent guest service skills, strong organizational skills, telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.