Closing Date: November 29, 2023 at 5:00 PM
Pay Range: $7.50 - $9.08 per hour plus tips
This position provides ultimate hospitality for guests in a casino environment by performing the following duties, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Answers menu or beverage questions posed by guests.
- Maintains knowledge of the dining or beverage menu and any special items being offered.
- Observes guests and anticipates needs and completes all steps of service as assigned.
- Builds and maintains knowledge of food and beverage offerings or beverage offerings to ensure all questions answered appropriate and accurately.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high volume bar, restaurant or nightclub is preferred.
- In-depth wine and alcohol knowledge preferred.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.