Closing Date: February 23rd, 2024 at 5:00PM
Salary: Depending on Experience (DOE)
This position is responsible for developing and coordinating programs that enhance team member benefits and for developing and implementing systems for benefit management and plan design that are consistent with the Enterprise’s business goals. This position is responsible for the vision, analysis, research, communication, and administration of strategic team member benefit programs, and the processes associated with supporting these programs. Additionally, this position oversees our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which provides program services to employees who face personal challenges affecting or potentially affecting their job performance or quality of life either at work or out of work and personally performs the following duties, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the overall administration of employee benefits programs including but not limited to, health plan including medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance; 401(k) plan, voluntary benefits, Section 125 plan, worker’s compensation, and team member assistance program.
- Coordinate support from Benefit consultants and plan providers to ensure efficient administration of benefit plans. Research, analyze and recommend new benefit programs to remain competitive and manage costs related to benefit plans. Implement programs providing effective communication and training to team members.
- Responsible for management of the systems and technology to support the benefit plans. Works closely with Payroll, HRIS and other support departments as it related to benefits.
- Implement new plans or changes to existing plans by preparing announcement materials, plan summary documents, and other media for communicating plans to team members. Conduct team member meetings and counsel management and Team Members on existing benefits.
- Prepare and execute, with legal consultation, benefits documentation, such as original and amended plan texts, benefit agreements, and insurance policies. Instruct insurance carriers, trustees, and other administrative agencies outside the company to effect changes in benefits programs. Ensure prompt and accurate compliance.
- Assure company compliance with provisions of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act and the Affordable Care Act. Supervise the preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws about benefits and report necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinate company benefits with government-sponsored programs.
- Develop benefits information and statistical and census data for actuaries, insurance carriers, and management.
- Handle benefits inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution. Maintain contact with insurance companies, Team Members, and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all Team Members.
- Educate and mentor HR team and property leadership to guide them in their communications with team members in relation to the team members benefit plans. Manages communication efforts and tools for team members to be well informed of their benefits. Also serves as primary contact for team members related to more complex benefit issues and handles the administration of FMLA and Disability issues.
- Ensures all team members have access to their benefit options. Actively educate and inform all team members of their enrollment periods for new hire, open enrollment, and life event changes. Support leadership through education to support team members with common benefit events.
- Provide vision, analysis, research, communication, and administration of strategic team member benefit programs, and the processes associated with supporting these programs. Ensures that these programs support the enterprise’s growth strategy, business objectives, and talent acquisition and retention goals, while maximizing total compensation value and responsibly managing the enterprise’s investment.
- Conducts budgeting and financial analysis of team member benefits programs. Monitors high-cost claims, targets problem claim areas. Ensure adequate estimates, forecasts, and calculations of expenditures in benefits for budget planning and tracking.
- Develop specifications for new plans or modify existing plans to maintain the company's competitive position in the labor market.
- Evaluate and compare existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys, and other sources of information.
- Develop company cost information for new plans and make premium cost-share recommendations to management.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple team members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate degree in a business/management/ human resources related field, preferred.
- Six (6) years progressively responsible Benefit Analyst experience with two (2) years supervisory/management experience required.
- Experience in tribal benefits preferred.
- Human Resources dedicated certification required. (SEBS, SCP, PHR, THRP)
- Working knowledge of and experience with strategic benefit design, administration, cost containment concepts, theories, federal and state laws, rules regulations, and procedures sufficient to administer benefit plans.
- Proven supervision, leadership & coaching skills.
- Must have extensive knowledge in benefit and compensation management. Experience with self-funded insurance plans required.
- Must be computer literate and have knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or other computer and HR Software.
- Ability to evaluate courses of action and reach sound, non-judgmental management decisions and resolutions.
- Demonstrated understanding of organizational development.
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows: Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest and Appreciate our guest
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.